Qualifications and application instructions:
Researchers actively pursuing projects that clearly support the museum’s mission may apply to become MNA Research Associates by submitting a letter the MNA Executive Director.
To become a Research Associate, applicants must:
- demonstrate appropriate research standing, as described in a resume, curriculum vita, or letter(s) of reference or application.
- provide a statement of the proposed research activity, including:
- background and summary of the research topic
- significance of the research to MNA and/or to the relevant discipline(s)
- planned schedule for the research
- any MNA staff collaboration or involvement
- how the research will be funded
- requested access to MNA collections, records, or library
- requested support services, space, equipment, or supplies
- anticipated research results and their value to MNA
- any special circumstances, including any benefits to, obligations of, or special expectations of either MNA or the RA
- any anticipated royalty, patent, copyright, or intellectual property rights issues
- copies of any required permits, institutional review documents, or formal permission required for the research letters of reference or support, as appropriate.
- accept responsibility for appropriately representing MNA to its various constituencies, and to the public
- comply with all relevant MNA policies and procedures, including the MNA Code of Ethics, and with all relevant professional research and ethical standards
- conduct research only under the terms of all relevant MNA, tribal, and agency permits, legal statutes, and regulations
- notify the MNA Director and the directing Curator of any significant changes in the progress of the research
- appropriately recognize MNA’s contribution in any/all research results, and provide copies of such results to MNA
- maintain a current MNA membership